Here is a list of some of the most popular things you can apply for.

Adopt an Area

Volunteers including schools, community groups, businesses and residents can now Adopt an Area. It could be your street or part of it, a park, or a path you regularly use.


Allotments are a great way of keeping fit as well as giving you the chance to meet new friends and grow fresh produce!

Assisted bin collections

You may be able to get a different type of bin collection service from us depending on your personal needs.

Benefits & help

From support with council tax, housing benefits, Universal Credit and other support service, you can find financial assistance from us here.

Bins - request new or replacement bin

If you have lost your bin or it is damaged, you can request a replacement here.

Blue Badge disabled parking

Here's some information on Blue Badges how to use them - including the free extra hour we offer to badge holders and a link to apply for one

Bromsgrove Market

Bromsgrove Market takes place in the High Street every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday. You can also find out how to start running a market stall here too.

Building control regulations and advice

If you are considering building or altering a property we have a complete Building Control service, from pre-application advice through to inspection certification.

BURT community transport

BURT is a door-to-door community transport service for residents of the district who can't use public transport.

Commercial Vehicle and Trailer (CVT) Permits

CVT Permits allow for the disposal of Household Waste from residents private properties in Herefordshire and Worcestershire using 'commercial type' vehicles

Business Waste

Our friendly and reliable commercial waste collection will help you meet your legal duty of care to ensure your recycling and waste is disposed of appropriately.

Concessionary travel

Here is full information on concessionary travel passes from Worcestershire County Council.

Council Tax support

You may be able to get support with Council Tax if you or someone who lives with you are on a low income or disabled. This is claimed during the Housing benefit claim, but applied for separately from Universal Credit.

Disabled Facilities Grants

If you're a homeowner you may be able to get help to pay for essential adaptations to your home if you or someone who lives with you has a disability.

Dropped Kerb

A link to the Worcestershire County Dropped Kerb Service

Electoral register

Get on the electoral register (sometimes called the electoral roll), or update your name or address details, here.

Free School Meals

link to Worcestershire County Council Apply for free school meals

Garden waste service

Find out about our garden waste service here.

Grants & funding

Find out more about grant and funding help and support for your organisation or business here.

Jobs & volunteering

This is place to find out more about volunteering and jobs with us.

Join the Friends of Sanders Park

If you want to have a say in the running of Sanders Park, why not join the Friends of Sanders Park?

Landlords Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)

Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs) - the requirements


Pages about licenses and permits you may need for your new business.

Litter and dog bins

If a litter bin is full or damaged, or you think a new bin is needed somewhere, tell us here.

Managing your trees

Many trees are protected by law. Find out what you need to do before you can carry out any work on them here.

NEW Lifeline

Our community alarm service provides peace of mind 24 hours per day, 365 days per year to vulnerable people and their families.

Parking - resident and visitor permits

Some roads have parking schemes to improve parking for residents and visitors. On these roads, parking is limited without a permit.

Parking permits annual and quarterly

We offer annual or quarterly parking permits that make our long stay car parks even better value.

Planning permission

Normally if you wish to develop land or buildings you will have to apply to us for planning permission. You can find out about our pre-application service and fees and how to submit your application here

Property and Land sales

If you want to apply to buy a small piece of land you can find out how to apply here

Residents Permits - Household Recycling Centre

All you need to know about Residents Permits, allowing for the disposal of Household Waste for residents at the Household Recycling Centre

Septic tanks and cesspool emptying

If you have a septic tank, cesspit or cesspool we can empty it for you at low cost.


If you have difficulty walking you can register to use our equipment to help you get around Bromsgrove town centre.

Special parking dispensation

If you need to park in an enforced area, you can apply for a special parking dispensation from us.

Sponsor a roundabout

Are you looking for a new way to promote your business? Sponsor our roundabouts to advertise to up to 20,000 passing vehicles a day for as little as £2,400 a year.

Street naming and numbering

You can change or get a new postcode, street name or number here.

Temporary Event Notices

Planning an event that includes licensable activities on unlicensed premises? Notify us at least 10 working days before your event.

Temporary road, footpath and bridleway closures

Find notice of any Temporary Road Closure Orders or footpath and bridleway diversions here. You can also find details how to apply to have a road or pathway temporary closed