Skip to main content

Temporary Use Notices

Temporary use notices (TUNs) allow a premises to be used for gambling on a temporary basis, where there is no premises licence in place. Premises that might be suitable for a TUN would include hotels, conference centres, and sporting venues.

We can only grant a TUN to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission. The type of gambling allowed under a TUN is restricted to any form of equal chance gaming where those taking part in the gaming are taking part in a competition which is intended to produce a single, overall winner - not by use of a machine. An example of this might be a poker tournament.


A TUN must be lodged with us not less than three months and one day before the day on which the gambling event will begin.

The fees we currently charge under the Gambling Act 2005 can be found on our licensing fees and charges page.

Your application and fee should be sent to:

Licensing, Bromsgrove District Council, Parkside, Market Street, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 8DA

Your application must also be copied to the following addresses:

The Gambling Commission, Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B2 4BP

West Mercia Police, Kidderminster Police Station, Habberley Road, Kidderminster, DY11 6AN

H M Revenue & Customs, National Registration Unit (Betting & Gaming), Portcullis House, 21 India Street, Glasgow, G2 4PZ

The TUN application form can be downloaded below:

Temporary Use Notification form

If the application is in respect of a vessel, please use the form below:

Temporary Use Notice form (Vessel)

Feedback & Share