Skip to main content

Licence Transfers

To transfer a premises licence, either from you to another person or to you from the existing licence holder, you must apply formally to change the licence.

From 6th April 2017 individuals applying to transfer a premises licences to themselves have to submit documentation with their application to demonstrate they have permission to be in the UK and are entitled to undertake work relating to the carrying on of a licensable activity. Applicants may provide clear photocopies or scanned copies of documents, which can either be in black and white or colour, and do not need to be endorsed as a copy of the original. Applicants should not submit original documents.

A list of acceptable documentation is here:

List of acceptable documents to show entitlement to work

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services now offers a Pre-application assistance service, you can find out more here.

Apply online

  1. Make the required payment via the Make an online payment page - choose 'Licensing Services' from the list on the right of the page, then  'Licensing', 'Premises', and then the 'Transfer' from the drop down menus. Fees can be found in the fees list here: Licensing Fees and Charges (Alcohol and Entertainment)
  2. Obtain the consent of the existing holder of the premises licence by having them complete this form:

    Consent to transfer a premises licence

  3. Email the completed Application to transfer a Premises Licence, the consent to transfer, and proof of payment to

Apply by post

You can download an licence transfer application form here:

Application to transfer a premises licence - printable

The existing holder of the premises licence must give their consent to the transfer by completing this form:

Consent to transfer of premises licence - printable

Both of these forms and the existing premises licence must then be sent to the following address, along with the £23.00 fee (cheques made payable to Bromsgrove District Council):

Licensing, Bromsgrove District Council, Parkside, Market Street, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 8DA

You should also send copies of the forms to:

West Mercia Police, Kidderminster Police Station, Habberley Road, Kidderminster, DY11 6AN

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. The application may take effect immediately or on a date specified in the application form and revised premises licence and licence summary will be issued to you. If the chief officer of police for the area where the premises is situated is satisfied that the exceptional circumstances of the case are such that granting the application would undermine the crime prevention objective, he must give us a notice within 14 days. We will then hold a hearing to determine the notice given by the police.

Feedback & Share