Skip to main content

Minor variations to premises licences

If you are the holder of a premises licence and you want to make small alterations to the premises licence that will not impact adversely on the licensing objectives, you can apply for a "minor variation" of the licence.

When we receive an application for a minor variation, we must consider whether the changes being proposed could impact adversely on the licensing objectives.

When considering an application, we have to consult with other relevant authorities if there is any doubt about the impact the proposed changes will have on the licensing objectives and we think we need specialist advice.  We will then take the views of these authorities into account in reaching our decision.

Further guidance on minor variations can be downloaded here:

Guidance Notes on Minor Variations

More information on variations to premises licences can be found on the GOV.UK website

To help make your application process run more smoothly, Worcestershire Regulatory Services now offers a Pre-application assistance service, you can find out more here

Apply online

  1. Make the required payment via the Make an online payment page - choose 'Licensing Services' from the list on the right of the page, then choose 'Licensing', 'Premises', and then the 'Minor Variation' from the drop down menus. Fees can be found in the fees list here: Licensing Fees and Charges (Alcohol and Entertainment)
  2. Email the completed Application for a minor variation to a Premises Licence, plan (if this has changed), any other supporting documents, and proof of payment to

Apply by post

You can apply for a minor variation to your premises licence by post to this address:

Licensing, Bromsgrove District Council, Parkside, Market Street, Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, B61 8DA

You can download an application form here:

Application for a minor variation to a premises licence - printable

You should include with your application the existing premises licence, any other relevant documents and the fee of £89.00.

When you have made your application, you then have to advertise it by displaying a public notice at the relevant premises for a period of 10 working days, starting on the working day after the minor variation application was given to us. The public notice must be on white paper of at least A4 size.

A template for the public notice can be downloaded here:

Public Notice Template for a Minor Variation - printable

Will tacit consent apply?

Yes. If after the 10 working day consultation period has expired and no representations have been made by a responsible authority or other persons, then we will approve the minor variation. If any representations have been received, we have a further five working days to consider them and will decide whether to approve or reject the application. If the minor variation is approved, we will issue a notice outlining the minor variation to the premises licence. We will also issue a new licence to reflect the minor variation.

Feedback & Share